Bachelor of Screen & Stage (Acting)
CRICOS 105175D | CRS1400591
Discover the freedom to create your dream as a performing artist.
Realise your passion to be an actor in our Bachelor of Screen and Stage (Acting), by learning from the best with exclusive classes and guest lecturers led by a range of industry professionals, national and international artists.
You will have the opportunity to develop your individual voice to become a truly independent artist. Explore solo and ensemble work and collaborate with students from our other courses, expanding your repertoire as well as your networking skills: contribute to a film project, write a short film or work with storytelling in a music video.
SCREEN & STAGE (ACTING)
HOW TO APPLY
Click the Apply Now button and we will email you a link to complete an application via our online portal (for domestic applicants) or an application form (for international applicants).
Applications may be made for future trimesters. You may apply for a place in an upcoming trimester’s intake within the calendar year. No applications will be accepted after the census date of the trimester being applied for. For applicants interested in applying for a trimester outside of the current calendar year, please contact us. For further information regarding census dates, please refer to the Academic Calendar
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT (DOMESTIC APPLICANTS)
- Submit your application and the required documentation.
- If you successfully meet the academic entry requirements, you will be invited to attend an audition or submit an audition video.
- After a successful audition and application, you will be issued with a course offer letter.
- Finalise your acceptance of offer and payment of fees (if applicable).
- APAC will confirm your enrolment into your course.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT (INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS)
- International applicants should apply to APAC through an APAC official International Education Agent. Our Agents will guide you through the application process and may assist you with your student visa application if your admission application is successful.
- APAC assesses the genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirements of all international applicants as part of the Australian Government’s simplified student visa framework (SSVF).
- If you successfully meet the application, audition and GTE requirements, you will be issued with a course offer letter.
- Finalise your acceptance of offer and payment of fees
- APAC will issue with an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) so that you can apply for a student visa.
DO I NEED TO AUDITION TO GET IN?
The audition process for entry into the Bachelor of Screen and Stage (Acting) can be undertaken in three (3) different formats –
- Face-to-face at our Brisbane campus
- Live online via Zoom, or
- Via submission of pre-recorded videos
More information about APAC Acting Audition Requirements is available here
WILL I GET A JOB WHEN I GRADUATE?
At APAC we equip you with the skills to maximise your employability as a professional artist – and also to create, develop, and navigate your own professional arts career.
ARE SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE?
Yes, scholarships are available to students who meet APAC’s scholarship criteria. Please visit our Scholarships page for eligibility information.
WILL I BE INVOLVED IN THE INDUSTRY WHILE STUDYING?
APAC encourages all students to engage with the industry while they are studying. This includes work experience and guest lecturers, professional development and networking.
IS IT ALL THEORY?
At APAC we balance academic rigour with practice professional relevance. The Bachelor of Screen and Stage is a ‘practice-led’ degree. This means that, while academic and theoretical components are central to the learning journey to inform and underpin the practical, skills-based classes, the focus is developing performance and technical skills. This is underpinned by the development of broad understandings of the cultural and professional context around those performance skills.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT TO LEARN?
At APAC our priority is to graduate multi-skilled, multi-disciplinary, knowledgeable, adaptable, employable professionals.